Saturday, September 10, 2011

"Filmore pt. 2"


I make my way over to this shitty hotel they set up everyone for this crew. I met with Dickless (Producer) at the catering truck, he tells me no one is getting food money and that I'm lucky that I get a hotel paid to stay. I tell him in response that he's lucky that I stay awake at night and not just sleep thru my shift like many sceurity companies out there do. I go beyond him and talk to the other Producer Al. Al makes sure that I get my predium, even though its only $8 dollars a day. Yes $8 dollars a day. Luckily I been doing this for awhile and I know how to get away with only eight bucks for food. Plus it's always good to know the Catering guys (who are very good at what they do) really well.
I try my best to get some sleep. The housekeeping kept banging on my door which seemed like every half hour. They even call a few times asking what time I'm going to be awake. (Now if your going to hire housekeepers, they should get ones that can read my sign on the fucking door!!)

I arrive back at set, they just finished wrapping. I talk to a few of the cops we have on set. I ask the officer about this town and it's violence. I tell him about the incident which happened last night. They laugh. I'm thinking, okay what's so funny? they tell me how gang violence is high in this town too. There's gang activity every night.

(these gangs must be throwing rocks at each other, cause the whole 5 days I was there, I never heard one gun shot)

I walk around the basecamp with Al, and the site rep. The site rep lets me know the lowdown of the location. He even mentions about this train yard being haunted.

(Why is every train station haunted? Why do people like to tell ghost stories when they know your going to be alone in the dark all night long?)

The lights in basecamp shut off, it's really dark here. It wasn't this dark last night, then again I had the station's lights but tonight their off. Were the only three people left in basecamp, everyone else is gone. We do another walk around basecamp. We make our way around the corner of the make up trailer when someone from the dark comes into view. We must of scared them cause they fell to the ground. I notice that Al and the site rep jumped back themselves. I turned on my light really quick, the person we scared fell back pretty hard. Al bends over to give the person a hand. As soon as I light up the area, there's no one there. Only dust in the air from the person's fall. None of us say anything. the site rep suddenly goes home and Al, he tells me not too mention this to anyone.
Who it was that we scared in the dark, I'll never know. I never knew ghost can be just as scared of us as we are of them.

No comments:

Post a Comment