Wednesday, September 7, 2011

"Filmore pt. 1"


I feel as if I was driving forever to get to this location. We are definitely out of the film Zone. I arrive at the train station that everyone likes to shoot their movie at. I see pictures and signs of the previous show that was here "Seabiscuit"
I'm waiting for the location guy to arrive and pass me my hotel information and food money. I'm a little surprised that Hallmark actually going to pay for my hotel and food. If any of you worked for Hallmark, then you know just how cheap they are. The location guy I'm waitiing for I don't care too much for. He's this little asian guy who adds to the untrusting backstabbing list in this Movie Industry. Transportation arrives with the trailers.

TRANS CAPTAIN: Have you seen the location guy?

ME: No.

TRANS CAPTAIN: Mother fucker! I knew he wasn't coming.

ME: He better, he has my info and money for the hotel.

TRANS CAPTAIN: Fuck that asshole!

(I'm not the only one who hates this location guy)

Transpo finishes up their set up. The night approaches 1am. Still no sign of the location manager, call time is 6am so I doubt he is coming. Guess I'll have to deal with the dickless Producer Jeff in the morning. I start walking around doing my rounders around the trailer. I see someone running towards my direction. I make my way back to my truck, this guy gets closer and is out of breath and full of blood.

GUY: You have to help me hide, they're  after me.

ME: Who is?

Before I can say anything else, 14 guys run up to us and start beating this guy down hard. One of them turns to me.

GANGSTER: You want trouble ese?

I tighten my grip on my 4 cell flashlight.

ME: It's none of my business.

The gangster nods his head.

I watch how they beat this guy down, dirt is flying everywhere. The guy is able to get away and starts running further down the street. The gangsters chase this dude down. I don't see anyone for another hour. The 14 guys which now is only 7 of them are walking back holding the white bloodied shirt as a trophy from the other guy. One of them gave me the low down as to why the guy was being beaten.

Apparently the guy getting beaten was having sex with one of the gangsters wives when he was at work.
It's funny that this happened. Film crews stopped shooting at Lake Piru which is a few miles down the road cause of gang violence, and here it exsists too. Go figure. I'm stuck in this boring town for a week. This is only night number one, I can only imagine what night 2 is going to be.

No comments:

Post a Comment