Friday, October 14, 2011

"The White Motor Home"


Tonight I'm working up in Palmdale at this one location where they seem to film at all the time. 4 Aces, you probably seen this location in the Lady gagga and Beyonce music video among many others and movies. I have the night shift, which I pretty much prefer since it's freaking hot out here. When I arrived this morning it was already in the 100's and it was only 7:30 am. I arrive early just incase I couldn't find the location, I get there with plenty of light and walk around the whole place to see what equipment might be left out. I make sure I check my phone for service,

(there's many sites that I worked where we have to phone service what so ever)

I also arrive early so I can stock up at Craft service since many shows now days are not leaving out any drinks out for us. As I'm taking my snackages and drinks back to my truck I notice a old white Mortor home drive by slowly. I think nothing of it since i'm sure alot of people are amused when they see filming going on in their area. I did notice teh people in driving the motor home were very old, skinny and had long greasy hair. I sworn they looked like extras from a Rob Zombie movie. It's dark when they finally wrap, i'm told by the Rep for this location that the guy who  lives in the trailer behind the fake hotel won't be in tonight. So I'm pretty much on my own. It's pitched dark when the last AD finally leaves, I didn't realize just how dark it was going to be here. I forget they had lights up lighting up this location. I walk over to crew parking and drive my truck at the location. I park myself in between the picture cars they leave over night. I park myself here so no one would know where I'm at.

(Usually security guys park their car away from everything which only tells people where he is)

I walk around trying to pass the night away, not many cars drive on this highway, one thing for sure I didn't see any highway patrol driving by like the Officers on set would come check on me. It's pitched dark out here, I here noises from the bushes all around but I'm thinking wild life (hopefully) 3 am comes around when I finally see headlights from the distance. I sit low in my truck, and watch the vehicle come closer. That's when I notice the vehicle is the White Motor Home that I seen earlier. (Can't forget a old broken down vehicle like that) The Mortor Home slows down very slow, then stops in front of my location. I sit in my truck waiting to see what they're going to do. Hell maybe theyre just checking out the location, not sure. The headlights turn off in the mortor home but the engine is still running. They open their side door. It's just as dark in there as it is outside. I still don't make any movements, I'm keeping my post a secret. Not only does no one come out but I start to hear chicken and turkey calls coming from the Motor home. The screams go on for about 15 minutes, during this time I look all around me incase they knew where I was and was coming from my rear position. But i don't see anything nor does anyone come out from the Motor home. I see more headlights coming from the opposite direction, I notice it's the transpo team and catering truck on it's way to me. The Motor home drives off with out closing it's door, the Motor home almost collides with the catering truck when making it's turn as it drove off. When the catering parks in their spot to set up, they ask me "Who the hell that was"  I let them know I have no idea.

The sun is starting to shine and the heat is also starting to rise. I'm asked by the Producers if I can stay to park cars. I tell them no problem. I'm parking cars, while eating my breakfast burrito when I notice the White Motor home driving near us. I stand there looking at the slow vehicle seeing the same old dirty couple staring at me. I watch the vehicle drive by slowly when I hear pounding from the back window. I think it was a older woman not too sure but they were hitting the glass with an hatchet while pointing their finger at me then across their neck. Creepy, hell yeah it was! The Motor home gets some speed and drives off. When our officers show up I let them know what happened that night.

The Officer tells me I should of taken down the plates (which they had none) cause they have a missing report of hikers not being found only their personal belongings and clothing. Great now why didn't the night officers tell me that. The worst part is, I have to come back here tonight by myself unarmed. It's going to be one of those nights

No comments:

Post a Comment