Thursday, October 20, 2011

"Verizon Commercial"


I remember working on these commercials back inthe day when it was just the Verizon dude and not the huge crowd of people they call the Network in today's commercials. It's weird cause I always thought they used computer graphics to add the Network in on their commercials, well I can say they don't. They use many and I mean many people to fill those spots. Today we have a 400 extra background call.. Normally on cattle calls like these you have all types of werid background folks showing up on set but for some reason the  majority of people that showed up were actually hot, I mean even some of the guys looked fuckable.

 (I know that sounds gay, which i'm not!!! But these extras were really hot looking)

I was talking with some of the Agency people and they said they made sure that their extras were hot looking especially the women. I'm not sure if it's weird or maybe it's just Hollywood but even some of the female Agency  peeps were talking how they just wanted to go up and grab some of these woman's asses.

 (now if us guys were to talked like that on set it would be considered Sexual harrassment, hmm. Go figure)

We had so many people on the crew that we had to have 2 catering trucks, one for the crew and Sag extras, and the other for the non union extras.  What I really hate is answering every person where to go to check in at.

 (now if people can't see that huge long line with people holding their clothes then somethings wrong)

EXTRA: Is that the check in line?

ME: No, it's the bathroom line. (I lied)

EXTRA: What the fuck.

ME: Yeah, I know, I guess when you have to go you really have to go.

I point to another section of tables with paper work on it and told people to go over there.

EXTRA: Cool man thanks.

(I know I'm being an ass right now, but my crew call was 3:30 in the morning, who in the hell works at 3 in the morning? Not only that but do you know its really annoying when you have signs posted everywehere for crew to park and when people drive up what's the first thing they ask. "Is this Verizon?" Sometimes i just don't know what to say, I mean the sign i'm standing next too says Verizon. It could get really irritating especially at 3 in the morning. How many people do you know work at that time of day? Well other than drug dealers and hookers. Okay so I was just a little cranky)

I hate having  to tell people where to go and the job of kicking someone out of line just cause their not union so I assigned one of my guards in that spot while I went to go and park some cars in the crew lot. When breakfast was done I switched back into basecamp. I ask my guard how things went.

GUARD: It would of went better, but alot of these extras were pissed off, someone told them to stand in the wrong line. people were late and things were all screwed up.

ME: Damn, I hate when people do that.

GUARD: I don't know, but everybody was all pissed off.

(Yes I know, I'm an ass at times)

Most of the day was the usual crap, kids trying to roam around trailer land, homeless bothering the catering truck for food and so on and so on. I went back to crew parking later that day, since I had to charge my phone. We had just rolls and rolls of cars parking in this church parking lot. I walk around this one isle and come face to face with one of the blonde hotties from the commercial. I must of startled her cause she dropped her asprin jar.

GIRL: Oh my god you like so scared the goosebumps out of me.

(What the hell?)

ME: Sorry.

She picks up her container and opens it. It's filled with white powder.

GIRL: Wanna do some lines with me?

ME: Nah, I'm good.

GIRL: I know your good, you sure you don't want none?

ME: Yeah I'm sure.

She starts to sniff that stuff into her nose.

ME: Besides, I'm more of a Pepsi guy than a Coke guy.

The girl stares at me in puzzlement. I slowly start to walk backwards.

She starts laughing.

GIRL: Oh my god your so freaking funny. (she continues to laugh)

(it wasn't that funny)

ME: Well I'm off to do some security stuff.

GIRL: My body feels so tingly, you sure you don't want your body feeling this good sweetie Or at least feel my tingly sensation?

(I had one of those look at the camera for 2 seconds and smile moments)

ME: I pass, see you on set.

GIRL: That you will.

I walk away just as I get 3 more isles down the way I run into a car load of PA's smoking pot.
They ask me the usual questions "like do I ever see any weird stuff in a parking lot" Yes and No I answer them, but nothing too out their lately. I walk away and just 3 more isles down from the Pa's I come across this car with this girl laying on her back humming. I stop in my tracks, just something didn't look right. I back up and look into the car. The girl wasn't humming, she was moaning. She had one of those electrical devices in her downtown spot with her other hand under her shirt playing with her nipples. I'm not sure if she had her eyes open since she was wearing shades. So after 5 minutes of staring with excitement I walk away (just kiding, it was more like 2 minutes)

I thought what the Pa's had asked me a few minutes earlier. I think this comes up as one of those weird things you never see in a parking lot. Yep, gotta love those cattle calls.

No comments:

Post a Comment