Saturday, June 29, 2013

Game Stop needs to train their Employees!

We all have shopped at game stop once in our lifetime, most of us more than others. Since there are no more huge video chain stores I either have the option to use Red Box which has a very limited selection of games and not many of the new game releases. Then there’s Gamefly which it’s pretty rare you get a new game on release date. So Game stop is the one place where you can get the new releases and used games at anytime. I have nothing against Game stop, I like their selection of games but their prices don’t really drop unless they have many returns on a popular game. What I really hate and I don’t think I’m alone on this subject is Game stop really needs to train their employees. There have been many times where I talk to some of the employees about games and they have this dumbfounded look on  their face as if whatever I was talking about just went over their head. This happens more with the female employees that work there. Now I have nothing against girls and games, lets make that  clear. I game with many girls on the xbox. But the many girls that have helped me at Game stop have no clue what character is for what game. This one girl tried to play it off and mentioned how she liked the black player Charles Barkley in the new Madden 25 game because his defense skills are strong in the goal area. Really? I didn’t know that EA had their basketball players intertwined with their football game and have goalies. I understand why Game stop would have an attractive blond early 20 something in their store. Gamers dig hot chicks. But if this hot chick isn’t offering anything more in the backroom then she better have a clue to what games are good especially if I’m going to be dropping $60 plus bucks on games and equipment. I done the whole management thing and understand putting the right people in the front to attract customers. I remember working at this restaurant and the manager wanted me to place all the fat workers closest to the window so when potential customers walked by they would say “the food must be good here, look at the employees” and it would bring business to the joint.; and it did. But at least give them some knowledge of gaming! I went to another game stop and this guy straight out from the military was working the counter. You would think this guy would have some knowledge of video games. He didn’t. His response was. “I don’t play video games”. How do you work in a game store and not play video games? That’s like a vegetarian working in a burger joint. I don’t eat meat yet I cook burgers? How does that work? How does game stop get customers if their employees don’t play what they sell? I know a few years back there was a time where every game stop employee knew the ins and outs of games and what to get and what not to get. I think game stop needs to invest some time on their employees and not worry so much about next generations consoles, this way majority of their employees could be game savvy.

No comments:

Post a Comment