Wednesday, July 13, 2011

"Will You Move Now?"

Pilot season gotta love these months when life is just about non existent. I'm working on this pilot called "THEM". Our location is good old downtown LA in the old Bank Of America building on Spring and 7th street. Nothing's changes in that area other than the idiots paying close to 3 grand a month on 2 bedroom lofts. Today is a night shoot inside the building, the set is really awesome, Star Tours comes to mind. (can't believe I forgot my friggin camera once again) It's close to 1am, I'm hitting my 16th hour (I still have 6 more hours to go) I see the assistant location manager huddle in the corner.

ME: What's wrong you look stressed out.

LOC.: It's just one of those nights. I'm trying to get people to move here and there and no one's listening to me.

The location Manager is the third on this show. The first 2 leads are gone for the night. I'm told to keep an eye and help out any way I can on this one since she's still new to the business.

ME: Who's not listening to you?

LOC: The damn Make up and Hair and Wardrobe people. I need them to move their chairs away from the doors cause the Fire Marshall doesn't want them blocked.

(Make up, Hair, and Wardrobe the three departments where all of them are total bitches! It's very and I mean very rare that you run into someone in those departments that are actually friendly)

ME: Let me talk to them.

LOC: Really? Thanks Rj.

I walk over to the ladies chatting away while sitting in their chairs.

ME: Excuse me ladies, is it possible you gals can move over to the side. Your blocking a fire exit.

All the ladies sitting stop talking and just stare at me as if I said something wrong.

LADY: This is where we sit.

ME: Okay, but can you sit over here and not here.

LADY 2: No.

LADY 1: Excuse me, were more important than you, why don't you go check on my car and make sure it's safe.

All the ladies start to laugh.

(So you wanna play that way huh? okay I'll play)

I walk back to the location manager.

LOC: Well? what they say?

I start grabbing food from the craft service table.

ME: They said no.

LOC: I knew it, the Fire Marshall's going to come in and yell at me. This is not good.

ME: No one's going to be yelling at anyone. Give me 5 minutes.

I walk back over the ladies. I casually walk behind them and pretend to check the doors, instead I start dropping the food that I collected from the craft service table. What people don't realize that no matter what they do to get rid of the homeless in LA, they'll never get rid of the Rats, and in this building there are tons of RATS! One of my guards who worked the night shift here even lost his plate of food from these rats.

I head back to the location manager.

LOC: What did you do?

ME: Just wait, give it around 10 minutes. Maybe less.

I walk outside here the PA's shout ROLLING! HOLD ALL WORK! No sooner did they start to roll film is when shouts and screams came from the Make up, Hair, and Wardrobe people.

LADIES: RATS! RATS! There all over the place!

Many of the girls on set ran out of the building screaming even some of the Producers (hope I don't get in trouble) As the commotion slowed down the Pa's clean up the food that I dropped on the ground.

LOC: Your so mean Rj.

ME: I got them to move didn't I.

LOC: That you did, that you did.

The next morning the main location manager gave me a hug and a kiss on the cheek for helping out her niece. Just another day in Paradise.

No comments:

Post a Comment