Saturday, February 18, 2012

"ASAP!"


My cell phone rings, I try hard to open my eyes. I look at the clock to see what time it is and it's flashing 1:45 am.  (Damn I hope my guards ain't calling me from set to tell there’s trouble I have a 5 am call time and I just got off from work earlier tonight at 11pm. I answer the phone and the person (man) says they got my number from a producer I worked with in the past. The man says I'm trust worthy and keep everything to myself. I agreed. "But did you call me at 1:45 am to tell me that?" I said. The guy says no, that he had an easy job for me. His previous guy he uses was busy. I asked okay what’s the job and where do you want me to send my guard?  The guy says I want you. I let him know I'm already working on this huge TV show right now and I'm not available. I have 64 guards waiting for me in the morning to give them orders. The man assures me it'll only take 2 hours of my time. So what the hell, I take the job, since this wasn’t the first time I've received calls from someone late at night. Before I hang up the man asks. "Aren't you going to ask how 'much the job is?" I said nope. The guy asks why? I said if you’re calling me a.s.a.p. Then it must be good pay. The guy laughs. He proceeds with details of what I had to do, and he'll call me back in 45 minutes for an update. He didn’t give me his number; he called from a private number.

So I'm off to this address in Burbank where he says he client is lost and having trouble getting home. When arriving to the address I notice that it's a park. I've been at this place before, they filmed here more than once I get the call a few second after I scan the area. The man tells me his client is driving this light green classic type of car with so and so license and description of the person. (It’s a girl) I get out of my car and start walking around. I would of drive around but people around here might think I’m a burglar. (I’ve been in so many neighborhoods where they call the police even though my shirt says security on it)  So I'm walking around in the park, its pretty dark good thing I brought a flashlight with me. I don't see the car anywhere but inside the park I notice this black thing. I flash my light and the reflector from the car catches my lights beam. I think why would the car be parked in the park? I get closer and it turns out to be the classic car that I'm looking for. The back passenger door is open. I cautiously look around before I get too close to the vehicle. Just never know with people now days.

I see in the back seat this young girl drunk, naked and laid out on the seat. My first thought was shit is she dead? I get closer and flash my light on her face. No reaction. Shit I really think she's dead. Her face looks familiar but can't figure out who she is. I get the call from the guy. He tells me that paparazzi know of her location and I need to get her out right away. I let the guy know I'm not sure if this is the right person. I look thru her purse and find her id. I let the guy know is this person I'm suppose to be getting. He tells me to hold on. After a loooooong pause he says yes. I asked him what took him so long? Is there another car with a drunken naked girl passed out? He laughed and replied actually there is. I make my way to the front seat and write down the address for the drop off. I close the back door and that wakes the girl up. She looks at me and half stoned and half asleep she asked if we fucked. I look at her and say no. She says are you sure? I assure her and say no we didn't fuck. She lights up a cig and sits in her seat naked and says do you want to? I ignore her and buckle her up you know for safety and all. She leans close to me, which made sure her boobs slid across my face. I look at her and she has this smile on her face.

I get in the drivers spot and start up the car. I get a phone call again from the guy telling me I need to hurry cause paparazzi was very near. I'm thinking how does he know that, but he told me her cell phone has a gps tracker.

So I drive her to this nice huge home in Sherman Oaks and as soon as I drive into the driveway this young guy is waiting for me and tells me to get out. Before I can say anything the guy hands me an envelope, and lets me know that there’s a driver waiting for me outside. He gets in the truck and they drive up the driveway.  I notice the guy I just met wasn't the same guy who I talked to on the phone. I walk outside to the driveway, the gates to this house start to close. I look back and that’s when I hear someone call me. "Hey Rj" I look and out from the dark this young girl walks out with a cig in her mouth. She tells me  "I'm your driver to take you back to your car".
 She doesn’t say a word the whole trip back to my car and neither do I? When I get out she drives off fast. By the time I get back to my car its already 430 am, so instead of going home I head off straight to work. I look into the envelope and its 900.00 not bad I think to myself. Job was worth being tired on set today after all.

No comments:

Post a Comment